Monday, March 23, 2009

From Obama - To Texas


Everyday is a new adventure for me here in this crazy whirlwind of a city that is Los Angeles.

Last Thursday, I had the amazing opportunity to shake President Obama's hand, while he was giving a Town Hall speech here in Downtown Los Angeles.
As he entered the gymnasium, he appeared right where I was standing, beginning to shake the hands of everyone around me. Before I knew it, my hand was one of those that he was shaking!
I am a bit overwhelmed and yet kicked into a daze of pure truthfulness as I ponder the reality of my surroundings. I stand with full attention to this man - hearing his thoughts, his challenges and his feelings on our issues. Obama inspired me. He inspired me and also awakened in me a new point of view on my life, how I can make a difference by understanding what is truly happening not only in our country, but in the world. Being aware, and becoming educated is the best gift we can give ourselves. No matter your profession, or what skills you possess, we'll be able to actively make a difference just by being aware.

Soon- I'll be heading to Texas for a month shooting the new slasher/horror film "The Eves." www.theevesfilm.com
I will be updating this blog upon my experience in Texas, and keep you readers up to date with what's happening!
This is my first horror film, and I have to say, I'm a bit excited!
I play the character Paul, who is younger brothers with the leading girl, played by Cathy Baron.
Paul is a sincere, and an honest boy who leads his friends to safety with his intelligence and well being. While having never faced a life or death situation, Paul remains calm and bravely arises to the challenge of what it takes to become known as a hero.
Filming will last one month beginning mid April 09.

No comments: