Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I only have five minutes

So, I only have five minutes to start a blog.
I only have five minutes because I am about to get in my 1996 Ford Contour, that has a broken drivers side window, and drive for an hour in stop and go traffic from my Studio City apartment to Pasadena, California for our final rehearsal of "dark play or stories for boys." It is being produced at The Theatre @ Boston Court and we have two more previews, tomorrow and Friday before we officially open on Saturday the 13th.
It has taken me by surprise how quickly my life has changed out here. I am staring face to face with the rest of my life, and I can see right through its eyes.
I come from Chicago.
Before Chicago, I come from a small Illinois town called, Millstadt.
Coming from a small town, I am used to driving for extended periods of time. I would have to drive an easy 15 minutes to school every day in high school.
But now, I am living in one of the countries busiest highway galaxies, that calls itself Los Angeles.
A lot of times, when I am driving....I know this is horrible, but I imagine accident scenarios. What it would be like if one happened right next to me, behind, or in front of me, and the worst case, to myself.
I am a conscious driver, but there are times where the Southern California sun is kissing your face in the late afternoon, begging you to take a moment and close your eyes.
This is a difficult temptation to resist, but I must stay awake.
I actually do see accidents on the highway...tons. But they have already happened.
Well- I'm off to the tangled web of roads!! Wish me luck.

No comments: